Friday, 3 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year for 2014!  


Google Images


We had a fantastic time in Aviemore for Christmas.  The weather was not good on the way up, very snowy and the Santa Parade in Aviemore was cancelled due to the adverse weather conditions but a smaller parade took place on Boxing Day night.   

We couldn't fault the hotel and the food was lovely.   Christmas day was quite wet - sleety to be correct but we did have actual snow for a while - cold but lovely.   Lunch was delicious - 5 courses!!  This was the Christmas pudding which was the smallest choice in sweets.  



Boxing day was a lovely day and we went up to the Cairngorms for the snow.  



We came home on the Friday via Glasgow to see my Aunt and cousins.  We had a lovely meal with them and arrived home again through dreadful weather.  

Here's a couple of photos of my mantle piece and tree - they are not good as they were taken with the I-pad and I'm disappointed in the photos:  




Unfortunately when we came home we had to face the wrath of hubby's sister - she was one of the reasons we went away.  Several times a year she makes our life a misery and always does it on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (we have hubby's Mum, sister, her partner and nephews round every year).    Anyway she was particularly nasty this year and if I'm honest ruined our New Year but it has done us both some good because I think we've finally toughened up and will not put up with any more nonsense from people (including the bullies from work!)   She even managed to upset me over my dolls-house and love of miniatures and thinks its time we stopped spending money on something so needless!!    

Anyway I had come across this idea of a memory jar and thought what a great idea - so have got myself a lovely Kilner jar and am going to fill it with good things, including nice quotes, tickets, photos of days out, etc and thought it will keep me positive this year.   


Lastly here's a photo of Lake View ready for Christmas that I quickly took with my i-pad and not happy with the quality but .......!!  The eagle-eyed amongst you will see that I've got my old dining table and chairs in place.  I am waiting to purchase some new chairs for the lovely new table I got from Michaela and her husband so put my old one back in just for Christmas!!  The kitchen is not finished yet but I love it so far.  

I got a new bed and bedside tables from ELF miniatures  but still lacking something for the corner and also for the bedside tables.  I also bought two lovely sinks from ELF for the bathroom - these are in situ on the other table that Michaela and Gareth made for me which fits perfectly in the bathroom.   Hubby also bought me a shower from ELF which hasn't been done yet (work in progress).  

I am still not happy with the top room so just quickly put a desk, etc in for Christmas but I am now thinking of just putting a lovely designer style chair in there and this lovely rug that Marlene sent me - I love the colours and think that will lift the room upstairs.   

I absolutely adore the fireplaces in Lake View which came from Jen Smith from JS Miniatures 



And lastly I just wanted to say that I know I didn't leave a lot of comments on your blogs in 2013, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your blogs - they gave me a lot of pleasure during what was a tough year for me - so thank you.   Here's to 2014.   


6 comments:

  1. The next time your Sister-in-law makes an opinion on what you spend your money on...or anything else in your life for that matter, tell her to mind her damn business! She sounds like a horror.
    Anyway, glad you had fun up North. I bet it was a beautiful view in the Highlands at Christmas. Wishing you a much brighter 2014 =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas without the family drama. Such a shame the SIL saved it up for your return :( Like Pepper says, it's none of her business what you do with your fun money. I tell people my hobby keeps me off the streets, out of the pubs and away from the poker machines. I bet you could find thing SIL 'wastes' her money on - if you had the same nasty nature.

    Anyway, on with a better 2014. Cheers and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks great, glad you love the rug, enjoy your hobby and forget small minded people who make comments about things they know nothing about, family can be a pain in the neck or lower regions. Glad you enjoyed Christmas, sounded wonderful, hubby is talking about us going away next year.
    As for your jar that sounds a wonderful suggestion, I think I might copy it. Happy New year I hope 2014 is your year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too. It's a shame about the sour SIL - it would be easy to say rise above it but it's not easy when it's hurtful and I bet you spent a fair bit of time muttering about her. I'm a mutterer!

    Your jar is a great idea - I've never seen anything like that before and your house looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to my blog. In this way I also found yours. I wish you a very good and creative New Year. Enjoy.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it's taken so long but thanks for your lovely comments, things have quietened down for the last few days with the sour SIL. Glad you liked the memory jar idea and yes Irene I mutter :) hope you all have a good 2014

    ReplyDelete