Monday, 24 June 2013

Quick update


Just thought I would bore you all with a quick update.  Went to work this morning as usual apart from the fact was in dreadful pain and hubs had to help me get ready including my hair (Vidal Sassoon he is not!!).  Watching the clock go round until my next lot of painkillers when the phone rang and it was A&E asking me to go back down as there was an abnormality in the X-ray.  Went down saw a very nice Consultant and sent for some more X-rays.  This is the result: 

Red plaster cast
Yup my wrist is fractured - the plaster cast is on for at least four weeks!!





8 comments:

  1. oh man.. that's a bummer. sorry to hear about your accident. hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie.. At least they gave you a pretty color. I hope you heal quickly.. Not having your hand is not fun..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are now in less pain, take it easy as much as you can, life is fun with one wrist in a cast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone still painful but early days! Still difficult to have showers, do hair, make up, etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bugger, Laura, not a good thing to do to yourself at all. I bet it feels a lot better now it's supported but difficult to do things, specially miniatures.......I spent my first honeymoon in plaster ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Susan - honeymoon in plaster ?! What a pair we are :) it's very difficult as I'm right handed too :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! That must be super annoying to have a cast on. I hope you heal faster than they expect so you can have that cast come off. Take care of yourself.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline it is annoying and very restricting !!! Still annoying too but thanks :)

    ReplyDelete