Sunday, 23 June 2013

Nettles & bikes - not a good mix!

This morning was all planned out - bike ride, dry build The Retreat and some other mini work. Went out for the bike ride, weather was mixed with some black clouds appearing.  As we live in a village and I'm still not confident I tend to stick to the pavements as very few pedestrians around.  We always cycle up to our local airport and on the way back I use a footpath which is quite narrow.  On this narrow footpath there was a huge gigantic thistle in the way.   Brain didn't engage and tell me to stop ..... So I tried to wobble round it, fell off the kerb, crashed onto the pavement and landed on my right wrist and a pile of nettles!!
                                                           
          

Stinging Nettle


The stinging nettles were so painful, my wrist started to swell and I have a huge graze on my right knee.Anyway had a trip to A & E at the hospital where I work, had an X-ray and the diagnosis is "no obvious fracture, we'll put a wrist splint on, pain relief and if it's still painful in a week, come back".  

So sadly no mini work for a few days :(

Images courtesy of  Google images 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, not a good thing to do to the bod. Thinking of you, please try to take better care of yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor you. I think maybe on your next ride you should wear American football padding...just in case =0)

    Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better today, what a shame your days planned sounded like fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone - feeling sorry for myself as now in plaster! Love the idea Pepper of American football padding :)

    ReplyDelete