Saturday, 14 July 2012

AARRGGHH!!!

From Google Images
I had to have some dental work done last Friday and opted for sedation, because I am terrified of the dentist!  The dentist told me that removing one particular tooth was going to be difficult.  A few hours later woke to incredible pain which didn't go away.  Saw an emergency Doctor on Sunday morning who prescribed a cocktail of pain relief which did work but unfortunately brought me out in a dreadful red itchy, burning rash! Next morning went to my doctors but saw a locum who must have retired about 40 years ago!!  Got anti-histamines and went off to work but the pain got worse and I came home.

Had no sleep and then off to the Doctors again the next morning and saw my own GP who gave me steroids for 5 days!   Then off to my Dentist (still shaking because I hate going!) where they treated me immediately for 'dry socket' and put me on strong antibiotics. 

I had put a post up on one of the miniature forums and thankfully a member on there is a dental nurse who advised me to go back to the dentist and told me she thought I might have dry socket and I am very grateful to her - she was spot on :)

Today, I am still in a lot of pain and feel quite yucky but hopefully on the mend although last night was dreadful and I had to resort to some strong painkillers.   I am getting sick of eating soups, mashed potato, scrambled eggs and yoghurt.  BUT today I actually feel like doing some mini work and might try and post up later some additions/alterations to Lake View :)  



8 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, I have the dentist this afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it is easing enough that you can have an interest in other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for what you must have suffered. I wish you a quick recovery.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just awful! :[ Hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Ouch!!!! That sounds absolutely horrible. I hope you get a better night sleep tonight. Feel better!
    hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear - poor you! That all sounds like a terrible experience. I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sympathise with your nerves at the dentist, perhaps I shouldn't have read your post as I have an appointment tomorrow, but not for an extraction thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone - still in pain and still eating soft food but getting better. Margaret you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete