Monday, 11 June 2012

Winnie the Witch!

Went to York Dolls House Fair yesterday 10 June 2012.  It was a last minute decision and we didn't get there until after 12.  

Went to look for items for Lake View and did get one or two items namely some brick cladding and a lovely vase but I spotted this little witch and as the saying goes 'had to have her'.   I did walk round the fair saying to myself if she's still there when I walk back round, she's mine!  Anyway she's mine and I've called her Winnie (short for Winifred) after Bette Midler's character in the film Hocus Pocus.  

I've placed one of the books in her hand that Christine made me and at her feet is the basket of mushrooms that Christine also made.  When I saw 'Winnie' I was taken with the colours of her clothes as they reminded me of the lovely rug that Marlene made (which you can just about see in the photo).



4 comments:

  1. Winnie is the perfect inhabitant for this room! Love her smiley face and her clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winnie looks at home, glad you enjoyed the show. All went well yesterday now just pop in once a year fro a check up, thanks for asking. PS still raining here, local towns are now on the traffic reports on Radio 2 for flooding, but we are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just perfect. I am very sure she is pleased with her new home.

    ReplyDelete