Friday, 21 October 2011

De Quervain's Syndrome!

That's an intriguing title!  But I can tell you DeQuervains syndrome is very painful :( and I am feeling sorry for myself :(   I am having problems finishing the painting on my wee witchy cottage and also doing some work on Lake View and I so wanted part of the witchy cottage finished for Halloween but I will try my best and Mr C is going to try and get the electrics in for me this weekend :(

When I was diagnosed I was given a wrist splint, told to take 2 weeks off work (which I didn't because of the workload and job security), given pain relief & referred to the physio department.  Unfortunately I saw the same physio I had seen before who treated me for six months for a painful wrist and forearm  and missed the fact that I had fractured my wrist! 

I was told I required a steroid injection into the tendon sheath................AARRGGH - have a needle phobia :(  Just because I work in a hospital doesn't mean to say I like needles!)  and was told the physio doing the injections had a 'bit of a waiting list'!  I really don't want this done at all :(   

Sorry for the longwinded post but feeling sorry for myself today.  I have been given some stronger pain relief from the doctors and hopefully can do some miniature work once they kick in:)

5 comments:

  1. I wish for you a good recovery!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura, I'm feeling so sad for you. A warm hug and I hope you find some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. Been in touch with a private physio and he is going to help me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that before and sorry to hear that you've got it. I hope it clears up soon and you can get back to more mini-ing. No wonder you feel sorry for yourself - I think I would too!

    ReplyDelete