Sunday, 12 June 2011

Brickwork

When we went to York fair I purchased a brick mould from Malcolm's Miniatures to use on Wee Witchy Cottage.  I started it yesterday and today have painted it and put a wash on as per the instructions.  Quite pleased with how it's turned out - this is the first time I've done anything like this!  The photo shows the front of the cottage and the chimney and I had only just put the wash on when I photographed it.  Don't think putting it on a cream carpet to photograph was a good idea :) hubby's face was a picture!!   I think the bricks could have done with some more colour.    


2 comments:

  1. Fun brickwork. It's fun to try something new sometimes, huh?! Looking good!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is just the right amount of colour in the bricks. It looks great. I would love to have seen hubby's face if you had painted it on the cream carpet. :D

    ReplyDelete