Sunday, 30 January 2011

As the song goes - 'Paper Roses'

I have long admired the Bonnie Lavish flower kits that Linda Carswell of Une Petite Folie had made and finally ordered some pink roses. I ordered them from Templewood Miniatures and their service is first class.

Anyway I have made my first one and I know I can improve but I am quite pleased with the result and will be ordering some more. I really enjoyed spending some quiet time yesterday making this whilst my fake tan was 'baking' ready for a 40th birthday party last night!!

Here are some photographs showing the kit and finished rose.

9 comments:

  1. Your rose is lovely! All you need is some chocolates and you're all set for Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, thank you! I saw some mini chocs the other day and might buy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a first attempt, your rose is very good. I too have often thought the flowers would be a nice litle project to do as so many people sing their praises but like so many other "nice little projects" I haven't got round to it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te ha quedado una rosa preciosa, ya te falta menos para San Valentin.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her work, I have made loads, I have here daisys and dandelions to make for my beach hut. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's me again, can you contact me, I have your chocolates here waiting to be sent, you will have to give me your big house address. PS it's a kit for you to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Marlene thank you so much. I have put a comment on your blog! I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been really impressed with the Bonnie Lavish kits too. Your rose turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your miniatures are so great I have become one of your followers. I also make miniatures. Please visit my blog. http://weelittlewest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete