Sunday, 7 November 2010

Trip to A&E and undignified entrance into a Range Rover

Well some week this was - hubs fell over at work and thought he had broken his foot as it felt the same as the last time he broke his foot. His boss brought him into A&E where I met him (I work in the same hospital!). Anyway after an hour of waiting he finally saw someone who told him that he had damaged the ligaments and it would take a couple of weeks to heal and some bruising would appear and he did not require an x-ray!

As he had left his car at work he phoned his boss to come and pick us both up. Boss duly arrived in the latest Range Rover model - very nice!

However I am 5' 1" and trying to get into the back of the Range Rover was probably one of the most undignified entrances I have ever made!!!! I had to throw my bags into the back and then try and haul myself up into the car whilst holding my skirt down!!! I am pretty sure that somewhere I will be on a security camera and might even be on you tube by now! You would think that an 'all singing/all dancing' car would have footholds and a rope ladder built into it for us small people!

4 comments:

  1. Know I shouldn't laugh but your description made me giggle. My Hubby's Mum has terrible trouble getting into our Isuzu Jeep as that's quite high off the floor. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie - glad you laughed. I have had trouble before in similar cars but this one beat the lot! I have just been reading your blog and do hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical, nice vehicle, next time wear your higest heels.

    ReplyDelete