Saturday, 17 April 2010

Must Be Mad & Mini Trainers!

We went up to Glasgow recently. We were celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary and my aunt had invited the family round for dinner.
We had a great time and great food and lots to drink! I must have had too much wine because I mentioned two things that I have always wanted to do - one is to walk across the Forth Road Bridge and the other was to complete the Great North Run!!!! Bear in mind that I still have approximately 3 ½ stone to lose and have arthritis and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome !!!!
One of my cousins who runs marathons said he would be more than happy to do the Great North Run with me in 2011 as this year is full. As for walking the Forth Road Bridge six of us are going to walk across this – two of my cousins and their wives and hubby and me possibly at the end of May!! To cut a long story short I decided that I might have to walk the Great North Run or jog/walk. Then my hubby, bless him, has decided he is going to do it with me as it's next year and that gives us more time to get fit ! Anyway I have started by marking out 3 circuits – short, medium and long (how simple is that system?!)
Anyway last night my hubby came home with a little present for me – 1/12 scale trainers! These are going to go in the hall next to the front door in my dolls house.




4 comments:

  1. They are so real,I love it! Minihugs,Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enhorabuena por el regalo!!!!
    Son tan reales!!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart for the information about hypermobile joint syndrome! Best wishes for a successful Great North Run.

    Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan have emailed you! Glad the information was of help - have some more at home!

    ReplyDelete