Saturday, 28 November 2009

Only a Pound lost!

Well this has been a busy week workwise - it really does get in the way of other things!
I only managed to lose a pound this week and was quite disheartened as I still have a long way to go until a friend emailed me this little ditty:

Hello, do you know me? If you don't, you should...
I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why? It's because no one wants to lose me, I'm Only One Pound, just a pound.
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds but never one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat!!
Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it... that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight!
Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please!
So when you weigh in, keep on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound" (as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they think I'm not worth losing.
And I love being around you, your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you!!!
So keep thinking it's only a pound and I'll be around for ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment